[Orgmode] Ticket Management integration, muse mode, etc

From: David Thole
Subject: [Orgmode] Ticket Management integration, muse mode, etc
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:33:31 -0600

Hey,

This is the first time I ever posted to this list - but did search the archive, and google significantly before posting so I hope this hasn't been asked yet.

Right now I use org-mode to manage my tasks.  I built scripts to pull from Redmine (a ticket tracking system), and pull it in.  That's all working, but there are some notes I really would rather have locally on my disk - like my own notes and all.

The problem I'm thinking is that I wouldn't mind pulling this information in my script down to the disk, into muse-mode - so creating my own TOC, and my own files for each issue (say, [[Issue1000]])  What I'd like to do, though, is in the org-file, to have [[Issue1000]] in the file (e.g. ** TODO: [[Issue 1000]]) or maybe a subitem, (e.g. *** [[Issue1000]]) and have it link to the muse mode file itself.

Muse works well indepently and I can do this pretty easy, org-mode integration for the link in doing this isn't possible yet.  Does anyone know a good option on how to get this working?  Is there a workflow thing that may be better for me to do instead?

Thanks,

David