Re: [Orgmode] footnote questions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] footnote questions
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:24:00 +0100

On Jan 24, 2009, at 6:38 AM, Samuel Wales wrote:

Minor questions:

Is there a way to have footnotes that have more than one paragraph?
For me, they are not recognized as footnotes.

Yes, Footnotes in Org are single paragraph.  Maybe this could be
changed, if enough people claim they need this.  I never have the
need for this, and new lines can be made with "\\" at the end of
a line.

Also, is there a way to make footnote references work when they start
in column 0?  Reformatting a paragraph sometimes puts them there for
me.

The solution for this is to make footnote references stick to
the word before them.  This also gives much better results in
HTML and LaTeX export.  I would have liked to even enforce this
convention, but that would have been incompatible with
the old footnote.el behavior.

- Carsten

Latest org release with (setf org-footnote-section nil).

Thanks.

--
For personal and corporate gain, myalgic encephalomyelitis denialists
are knowingly causing massive suffering and 25-years-early death by