[Orgmode] Re: Using SCHEDULED to indicate task start date

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Using SCHEDULED to indicate task start date
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:17:05 -0500

Nick Bell <address@hidden> writes:

> [Using 6.17 here.]
>
> SCHEDULED nicely hides TODOs from agenda views until on/after the
> SCHEDULED date.
>
> I'd like to hide TODOs whose SCHEDULED date is in the future from the
> global todo list (C-c a t) .
>
> 'Org Agenda Todo Ignore Scheduled' option hides all scheduled TODOs,
> including those whose scheduled date is in the past, so won't work for
> me.
>
> In other words, I'd like to use SCHEDULED function as a kind of 'start
> date' for a TODO, before which it won't appear on agenda or global
> todo lists. Is this possible?

No, the reason for using any of

   org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled
   org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines
   org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date

is to get those tasks off the global todo list.  They show up in your
agenda at the appropriate time and you don't need them in the global
todo list at all.

I work off my agenda first, and when that's clear then I go to the
global todo list for other tasks - and I don't want to see anything that
has a date there - since they're already set up to show up at the
appropriate time on my agenda.

You might be able to set up a column view that shows the
scheduled/deadline date and then ignore tasks with dates in the past but
I've never tried that.

HTH,
Bernt