[Orgmode] Re: Docs submitted

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Docs submitted
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:58:43 -0500

> On Feb 11, 2009, at 2:08 AM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:
>
>> (eval-after-load 'org
>>  '(progn
>> ;;^--HERE.
>>     (add-to-list 'org-todo-setup-filter-hook
>>                #'org-choose-setup-filter)
>>     (add-to-list 'org-todo-get-default-hook
>>                #'org-choose-get-default-mark)
>>     (add-to-list 'org-trigger-hook
>>                #'org-choose-keep-sensible)
>>     (add-to-list 'org-todo-interpretation-widgets
>>                '(:tag "Choose   (to record decisions)" choose)
>>                'append)
>>   ))
>>

> Hi Tom,
>
> maybe you can educate me:  I have never understood what the "#" does
> in code like the one you have here.  You are using it, so maybe you
> know?

As I understand it (from my book on Common Lisp) #'some-function is used
to quote function names.  'some-function quotes a variable.

It means "Get me the function with the following name" - without the #',
Lisp would treat some-function as the name of a variable and look up the
value of the variable, not the function.

-Bernt