Re: [Orgmode] Could the checkbox dependancy blocking mechanism also use

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Could the checkbox dependancy blocking mechanism also use the "ORDERED" property feature?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:57:52 +0100

On Feb 18, 2009, at 1:52 PM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

Hi Carsten!

I very much like the blocking feature for TODOs and checkboxes.
I have lots of TODOs which I split into sub jobs using checkboxes.
I would be very glad to have the :ORDERED: feature for TODOs also for checkboxes.
Anyone else would like to work this way?
Any chance to get this on your todo list?

I would, of course, also gladly accept a patch :-)

- Carsten

Example:

****** TODO a complex job [0/3]
      SCHEDULED: <2009-02-18 Mi> DEADLINE: <2009-02-20 Fr>
      :PROPERTIES:
        :ORDERED: t
      :END:
      - [ ] step 1
      - [ ] step 2
      - [ ] step 3
      - [ ] step 4
      - [ ] step 5

Thanks for the ever improving best organising tool ever!

Rainer