Re: [Orgmode] Re: ascii export of url part of links possible?

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: ascii export of url part of links possible?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:43:53 -0500

> Hmmm, I see what you mean - but I don't think that is a realistic use
> case.  If you have an org document, would you then want to go through
> ASCII and then markdown for HTML instead of using the direct route?

It would be marginally useful for me.  I'm using blog software that
accepts article titles and bodies in Markdown format.  I used to just
write the Markdown, but these days I do most of my article drafting in
org-mode, and then export to html.  Since Markdown files can contain
arbitrary html, it's fine with the blog that I do that.  But now I have
my article files in HTML rather than Markdown, which makes them very
marginally more work to search, maintain, and so forth.  Of course, I
could just keep the org-mode source somewhere, or write a plugin to let
the blog handle basic org formatting...

> And I think that
>
>    I get 10 times more traffic from [Google] than from
>    [Yahoo] or [MSN].
>
> is still easier to read than
>
>    I get 10 times more traffic from [Google][] than from
>    [Yahoo][] or [MSN][].

Assuming:

> I get 10 times more traffic from [Google][1] than from
>    [Yahoo][2] or [MSN][3].

That's true; I hadn't realized that Emacs' footnote-mode handled that
style of footnote.  I was assuming numeric footnotes, at which point
there's no further cost to making it Markdown compatible.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |