Re: [Orgmode] Exclamation mark not a postmatch ?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Exclamation mark not a postmatch ?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:47:31 +0100

Hi Baoqiu,

this is just an omission, fixed now.  Thanks.

- Carsten

On Mar 23, 2009, at 8:24 AM, Baoqiu Cui wrote:

Today I just found out that the exclamation mark ('!') is not allowed as
postmatch in org-emphasis-regexp-components, but '?' is.  For example:

 This is *NOT BOLD*!

Is there any special reason behind this?  It seems to me that both '!'
and '?' are commonly used at the end of a sentence, and should be
treated similarly.

Am I missing anything (or do I have to customize variable
org-emphasis-regexp-components to support this)?  I tried to search the
mailing list archive about this, but could not find anything.