Re: [Orgmode] GTD question - how to create Reference and Ticker files

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] GTD question - how to create Reference and Ticker files
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 11:24:14 +0200

Manish schrieb:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Varnit Suri wrote:
> > My solutions are pretty 'raw' - just a text file (with links, etc) for
> > the Reference and a Someday list for the Tickler. Anyone else has more
> > sophisticated solutions? Any comments are appreciated.
---Zitatende---

Not really more sophisticated, but somewhat tried and true:

I have a few SomedayMaybe*.org files. Items in those files have the
tag "Maybe" or "Someday" (or both) and should have no schedules. I
review those files in my weekly review and make sure I regularly move
items back and forth from these files. *Any* item with a "Someday" or
"Maybe" tag should be in one of those files.

And if I want to be reminded of something on a certain date, I just
put an active timestamp into the item (with C-c .), so it will show up
on my agenda. This is already completely sufficient to implement the
43-folders technique outlined in David Allen's Book, if you regularly
review your agenda. You just set the Date to the first of the month,
if the item would go into one of the month folders, and on the first,
you reconsider the item and decide for a particular date (or to delete
it, mark as done, whatever). Just make sure you look at your *past*
agenda every day to catch those reminders, as they won't be moved
forward automatically (in contrast to scheduled items).

HTH
        Friedel
--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>