[Orgmode] How does one get word-wrap to work consistently across platfor

From: Bill Raynor
Subject: [Orgmode] How does one get word-wrap to work consistently across platforms?
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:01:19 -0500

I have an on-going problem with getting soft-word wrap to work within org-mode. I am using both Aquamacs (org v6.24a) on a macbook and GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (org 6.21b) on an XP book (work). In Aquamacs, I have soft-word wrap set to on in options and (setq org-startup-truncated nil) in my configuration file.

The soft fill works inconsistently, and org does not obey the option-q command which is bound to fill-paragraph-or-region. When I use that key combo in GNU Emacs, it does a nice file. In Aquamacs it (usually) replies 'fill-prefix cancelled'. When I run the M-x fill-paragraph it does the wrapping with no indenting.

What am I doing incorrectly in the Aquamacs setup? I would like the system to automatically set the fill-column to, say, 80, and to do soft wraps.

Thanks.