Re: [Orgmode] Help debugging a problem when saving org-agenda files with

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Help debugging a problem when saving org-agenda files with C-x s
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:17:34 +0200

On May 13, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi all,

I use an own function to save the current agenta to a text file, which I
display in a tooltip on my desktop:

(defun th-org-mode-init ()
 (add-hook 'after-save-hook 'th-org-update-agenda-file t t))

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'th-org-mode-init)

;; TODO: This errors when calling C-x s after modifying things in the agenda.
(defun th-org-update-agenda-file (&optional force)
 (interactive)
 (when (and (eq major-mode 'org-mode)
            (member buffer-file-name org-agenda-files))
   (save-excursion
     (save-window-excursion
       (let ((file "/tmp/org-agenda.txt"))
         (org-agenda-list)
         (org-write-agenda file))))))

This works fine when I save an agenda file while in its buffer, but when I edit the file via agenda commands and hit `C-x s', I'm asked if I want
to save "/home/horn/repos/org/uni.org" and say yes, I get this error:

This probably happens because you are relying on org-agenda-list which is supposed to display the agenda window and in this way set the selected window and buffer. In non-interactive use, the buffer is created, but display is delayed until after the next idle moment.

Not tested, but this may help:

Replace (org-agenda-write) with this:

(with-current-buffer org-agenda-buffer-name (org-write-agenda file))

HTH

- Carsten