Re: [Orgmode] [Buglet] issue where org-agenda always prints to PostScrip

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Buglet] issue where org-agenda always prints to PostScript "with faces"
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:57:08 +0200

On Jun 16, 2009, at 5:27 PM, Manish wrote:

 On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:49 AM, James wrote:
If you tweak org-agenda-custom-commands to create a PostScript version
of your agenda (for example by following this link...

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-custom-agenda-commands.php#sec-5.4

) ... and like me you happen to use a dark background in Emacs
(set-face-background 'default "black"), you end up with PostScript
files which take account of your background colour. In my case if I
were to actually print my agenda on a printer, I'd probably drain it
of black ink! :-)

This problem appears to be because org-agenda always prints using
"ps-print-buffer-with-faces".

Please could a variable be added such that for awkward users like me
org-mode would use "ps-print-buffer" instead.

A similar issue was dicussed in this thread
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/12719

I the mean time, I have found a better solution for this.

(setq org-agenda-exporter-settings
      '((ps-print-color-p 'black-white)))

Matt, or anyone, maybe this is worth a FAQ entry?

- Carsten