Re: [Orgmode] indent list item and change list type automatically

From: Raffi R
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] indent list item and change list type automatically
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 10:57:34 -0400

I've written a very quick and dirty derived mode for org that
implements the following keystrokes:
Tab is demote.
Shift-tab is promote.
Enter is org-insert-heading.
C-tab is the old Shift-Tab
C-j is the old Return.

I know it messes with the default org configuration, which is part of
why I have not posted it anywhere, but it works *extremely* well for
me when I'm taking notes e.g. in lecture, and I find myself using
jot-mode (what I named it) just as often as org-mode proper.

If people are interested, I'd be glad to email it/post it on EmacsWiki
or Worg (although I should warn you, it is probably very unstylish
Elisp, too!).