Re: [Orgmode] Updating Emacs to latest org-release on MS Windows?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Updating Emacs to latest org-release on MS Windows?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 16:32:11 +0100

At Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:05:23 +0200,
Stefan Vollmar wrote:
> behaviour. So, in a nutshell, is it possible to update the current
> Emacs Windows distribution, http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows, to
> the latest release of org-mode without needing a "make" tool?

I am glad somebody else has brought up this issue as I have a similar
requirement.

I have recently acquired a Nokia internet tablet (the N800) which is a
very small linux computer basically.  The point of getting this
computer was to run emacs + org-mode and it's working like a charm!
In fact, Carsten, you may wish to know that it runs very well indeed
even with uncompiled .el files.  Very good response in general for
agenda activities and note taking, which is what I intend to use this
for mostly.

However, in the standard software on this computer, there is no
(gnu)make equivalent installed.  Therefore, I have the same need as
Stefan.  Is there maybe an elisp script/function that can take the
place of the make command used to prepare all the .elc files for
org-mode pulled from the git repository?

Thanks,
eric