Re: [Orgmode] Quick aquamacs related windowing question

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Quick aquamacs related windowing question
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:19:15 -0500

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Robert Goldman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I use org-mode on Aquamacs, and have some problems with the windowing.
>> E.g., when I schedule an item created with remember, aquamacs opens the
>> *Calendar* window in a different frame, then after I choose the date, I
>> am incorrectly left in that frame, instead of being returned to the
>> remember buffer.  This means that my C-c C-c to save the note is
>> rejected (because it's meaningless in the *Calendar* buffer), and I have
>> to return the focus to the remember buffer by hand.
>>
>> Does anyone else see this in aquamacs?  Or, if you use aquamacs and you
>> DON'T see this, would you let me know?  I'd appreciate it, because it
>> would help me track down this problem...
>>
>> I suspect the problem is that (at least on aquamacs) save-excursion
>> isn't doing what I expect it to do across frames.
>>

> I don't know about aquamacs, but when I set calendar-setup to
> calendar-only (I usually leave it at nil which foregoes frames altogether),
> and try org-remember with C-c C-s to schedule it from the remember
> buffer, I get the calendar frame and the following error:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil)
>   select-window(nil)
>   org-eval-in-calendar(nil t)
>   byte-code(...)
>   org-read-date(nil to-time nil nil nil nil)
>   byte-code(...)
>   org-add-planning-info(scheduled nil closed)
>   org-schedule(nil)
>   call-interactively(org-schedule nil nil)
>
> If I try to schedule an item in an org file, I get the frame but clicking on
> a date does not seem to do anything. So maybe org cannot deal with separate
> calendar frames.

Thank you very much.  I only use calendar to the extent that org-mode
invokes it, so I wasn't aware of the calendar-setup variable.  So I got
NIL, the same way you do.

On the other hand, on Aquamacs 1.8, based on emacs 22.3, I do not get
the error you are getting, and selecting a date works fine.

Trying to figure this out is a bit tricky, because I need to figure out
why something I expect to see is not happening, rather than something
happening wrong...  I will post more as I have more results.  If anyone
has any idea about what piece of code /should/ be returning the cursor
to the remember buffer, I would be grateful for any suggestions.