Re: [Orgmode] Re: Literate Programming with Org mode

From: sam kleinman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Literate Programming with Org mode
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:53:55 -0400

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:41:50PM +0200, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> I've heard that Knuth told about it in those words: it's when we will be able
> to read the code of a software in our bed, reading a book made of 90% of
> documentation and 10% of code. If someone can find this phrase somewhere...

Here's a literate programing example:

I talked with a statistician, programer and human rights violation
researcher, who wrote (with his team) reports of statistical studies
of data regarding possible genocide incidents. He wrote the LaTeX
documents which, within the text of the document, all values and
analysis' were called in and generated when LaTeX ran, so that as data
was collected, and the report was recompiled the analysis was
completed with the most up-to-date version of the data, and that the
production of the text was isolated from the collection of data, and
from the analysis of those figures.

The stack itself, was comprised of Sweave
<http://www.stat.umn.edu/~charlie/Sweave/> R for stats processing,
make, and a little bit of python for glue. I think.

As an example. I'm not an expert either on this stuff.

Cheers,
sam
--
tycho(ish) @