Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic indentation of org tree

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic indentation of org tree
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:49:34 +0100

At Tue, 4 Aug 2009 17:08:23 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2009, at 6:49 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
> > At Mon, 3 Aug 2009 06:36:17 +0200,
> > Carsten Dominik wrote:
> >>

> > [...]
> >
> >> This solution is for Emacs 23 only, but I believe it is more stable,
> >> so I am shipping it now with Org.
> >>
> >> If anyone wants to try before the next release, put
> >>
> >> #+STARTUP: indent
> >>
> >> into a file after pulling the latest git version.
> >
> > I like it!  However, it obviously isn't intended for use for files
> > where only odd level headings are used?
> >
> > In any case, I still have to use Emacs 22 on one computer so cannot
> > switch over (although would like to!).
>
> Hmmm,
>
> it would not be hard to make this work under odd-levels conditions.
> However, when you are using odd levels and hidestars for clean view
> under Emacs 22, I would suspect that you are also indenting text
> under the headline by hand.  This will then look bad if you use
> the same file under Emacs 23 with org-indent-mode turned on.
>
> ?
>
> - Carsten

Well, I do sometimes indent text but not often so this aspect is fine
with the org-indent-mode.

The odd-levels issue is really a non-issue.  Given the new
org-indent-mode, it's not really needed (if I correctly interpreted
the output I got!) so it would simply be a matter of converting my org
files to odd+even headings.

But I'll wait until I'm fully Emacs 23 before I even think about this!
And that might be a long time as it depends on somebody building Emacs
23 for the Nokia N8x0 tablets.

Thanks,
eric