[Orgmode] BEGIN_EXAMPLE question

From: Bill Hager
Subject: [Orgmode] BEGIN_EXAMPLE question
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:32:54 -0400

Hello Org List!

I don't seem to understand #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE and it's relation to html export.  What I think is that everything between a #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE and #+END_EXAMPLE should end up in <pre> tags when I do a HTML export with C-c C-e b.  However, the reality is that everything ends up in a <p> tag for me.

My goal is to have sections of my org file end up in <pre> tags when I HTML export.  Any ideas on how I can do this?

I'm running the default emacs 22.2.1 on Ubuntu Jaunty.

Thanks

- Bill