Re: [Orgmode] Re: autoload filed to load ical functions....more info

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: autoload filed to load ical functions....more info
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:50:46 +0100

On Aug 22, 2009, at 3:43 PM, David A. Gershman wrote:

Any thoughts on this?  I'm still stuck.  I have the same version of
emacs on both my desktop and laptop, same version of Org on both, and
same .emacs on both.  Yet on my laptop I get the errors but on my
desktop I don't.

Please read the installation section in the manual and extract from
it that you need to say

(require 'org-install)

in .emacs.

- Carsten

Crazy ideas welcome...

I'm running Xubuntu 8.10 which has Emacs 22.2.1 which Org 6.29c says
will still work on with some restrictions (none of which were ical
issues).

As root, I 'make'd and 'make installed' and loaded emacs verifying Org 6.29c was in fact in place. When I issue a C-cC-ei to export an ical I
get the following error:

 Autoloading failed to define function org-export-icalendar-this-file

I get similar errors for '...all-agenda...' files.  It worked on m XP
*cough* box, why not here?

Thanks.

David A. Gershman
address@hidden
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman