Re: [Orgmode] Please test org-indent-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Please test org-indent-mode
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 06:49:14 +0200

On Aug 24, 2009, at 2:45 AM, Manish wrote:

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi everyone,

this is only relevant for people who use the latest CVS Emacs.
If you do that, please consider doing some testing of the new
org-indent-mode which establishes the clean outline view
without any by-hand indentation.

Emacs 23.1 did still crashes occasionally with this new mode, due to
a bug in the Emacs display engine. But I have, during the last week,
used this new mode without problems, with the latest CVS.
And I *loved* it, so I would like to have it tested more and then
advertise it more.

It appears to add an extra level of indentation to subheadings.

When you do S-right on the second heading in the outline below.

,----
| * This is heading one.
|   This is some text.
| * This is heading one point one.
`----

It turns into this:

,----
| * This is heading one.
|   This is some text.
|     * This is heading one point one.
`----

-- Manish PS: I have added two spaces at the beginning of line no. 2 and 3 to make it
   appear like it does in Org Ind buffer.
PPS: I use oddlevels.

Yes, oddlevels does not really make sense together with org-indent-mode.

- Carsten