[Orgmode] Re: OrgmodeOrgmodePOLL: Change of keys to move agenda through

From: Wes Hardaker
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: OrgmodeOrgmodePOLL: Change of keys to move agenda through time
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:27:45 -0700

CD> 1. Make the cursor keys LEFT and RIGHT do normal cursor motion again

WH> +1.  I find these two keys have confused me more than any others

Thinking about it further, I realized a good part of the confusion
results from the up/down keys actually doing in-buffer movement and
left/right doing date movement.  I don't think that's "natural" for
people.  They expect the arrows, be it up/down/left/right, to act in a
similar fashion to each other.

I don't think this is the right approach either, but I mention it for
completeness: if you removed the up/down arrow bindings I bet people
would stop trying to use arrows for navigation at all, which would be
better than leaving them "half bound".  Granted, I think people still
expect arrows to always be bound to in-buffer movement anyway, so the
current default is confusing and it would be better to let the
left/right bound again to in-buffer movement.

--
\ Wes Hardaker                           http://pontifications.hardakers.net /
 \_____ "In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than ________/