Re: [Orgmode] Re: POLL: Change of keys to move agenda through time

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: POLL: Change of keys to move agenda through time
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:53:33 +0200

On Aug 27, 2009, at 3:05 AM, Samuel Wales wrote:

Looks good.  However, you might want to have cursor movement work, if
the keys will not be functional, so that people can mark text (nobody
mentioned that yet).  Did you get a chance to look at my proposal for
right and left arrow keys?

Yes, I did, it is interesting.  However, the main purpose of this
discussion if to get rid of the confusion caused by pressing the
arrow in the agenda, so I thing that really we have only the option
to make them do either cursor motion or disable them.

Your proposal, to quickly move to a far away date in a predictable
way can also be met with the "j" key, or by using a prefix argument
to the left/right (will be b/f) keys.

- Carsten