[Orgmode] Re: org-agenda-custom-commands - what's wrong with my setup

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-agenda-custom-commands - what's wrong with my setup
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:11:55 -0400

"aldrin d'souza" <address@hidden> writes:

> hello org-mode users,
>
> for some reason, my agenda export isn't working as it used to in the
> past.
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands  '(("x" agenda "export to html" nil
> ("~/agenda.html"))))

If you want the agenda to show up when you select "x", then you need to
use an empty string after agenda:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("x" agenda "" nil
         ("~/agenda.html"))))

If you want to name the agenda view, then you should use:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("x" "Export to html" agenda "" nil
         ("~/agenda.html"))))

> with this in my org configuration, i get 'x' as an accepted keystroke
> in the agenda command selection buffer. however, when i use it, it does
> not export my agenda. how should i troubleshoot, can someone point me
> to where do i start looking? this used to work in the past, but now
> that i use it after a gap, it doesn't seem to do its thing.

When you select "x", it will only display the agenda in an emacs buffer.
To export the agenda, you need to use:

C-c a e (export agenda views)

This command exports all agenda views for which you have defined an
export target (in this case, "~/agenda.html").

Best,
Matt