Re: [Orgmode] Re: autoload filed to load ical functions....more info

From: David A. Gershman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: autoload filed to load ical functions....more info
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 10:47:06 -0700 (PDT)

Carsten,

You are a gentlemen, sir.  I downloaded, compiled, and installed Org.
When I launched emacs and went to Org-Mode, things seemed to work (at
least that which I normally use: indentation, links, etc).  As such, I
figured the 'require' statement was only needed when Org was installed
in a non-emacs location (requiring a .emacs config setting to find
additional .el files).  I added the line below and what do you think
happened?  It worked.

I say you are a gentlement because, unfortunately, my personal
tendencies would have led to a simple reply of RTFM. *looking down in shame*

Thanks for the help...

> > Any thoughts on this?  I'm still stuck.  I have the same version of
> > emacs on both my desktop and laptop, same version of Org on both, and
> > same .emacs on both.  Yet on my laptop I get the errors but on my
> > desktop I don't.
>
> Please read the installation section in the manual and extract from
> it that you need to say
>
> (require 'org-install)
>
> in .emacs.
>
> - Carsten

David A. Gershman
address@hidden
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman