Re: [Orgmode] Re: Subversion for backups?

From: Greg Newman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Subversion for backups?
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 09:28:18 -0400

In light of this topic I've posted my process using mercurial and bitbucket from my Mac.  I've added an hourly bash script to my daemons to push to my repo every hour.  You can get all the details at http://www.20seven.org/journal/2009/09/backing-up-org-mode-files.html

Cheers,

Greg Newman

http://20seven.org

twitter: 20seven

2009/9/2 Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban schrieb:
>> Rainer Stengele wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a server in my office running the subversion server.
>>>
>>> Access is by port forwarding the subversion port via ssh - no matter being
>>> under windows (putty) or under Linux (ssh).
>>>
>>> In this way I have my subversion server and repository virtually "local",
>>> that is acces is always via svn://localhost/repository
>>
>> Just for my own understanding, why to you want your repository to appear as
>> local? In case you wanna change the physical location of the SVN server,
>> and don't want to update any of the working copies? Something like that, or
>> are there other major reasons for this setup?
>
> A reason is I use my notebook at home and at work.
> Having the "localhost" server solves the problem.
> I simply use different port forwarding scripts at home and at work.

Thanks for the explanation.

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban