Re: [Orgmode] Re: Possible Bug in Time stamp Editing

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Possible Bug in Time stamp Editing
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 01:17:22 +0200

On Sep 12, 2009, at 7:48 PM, Ian Barton wrote:

I have a remember template that inserts an inactive time stamp. If I
edit the inactive time stamp in the remember buffer using C . it
changes to an active timestamp. Shouldn't editing preserve the
active/inactive status?
C-c . creates active timestamps. You want C-c ! for inactive timestamp
editing.

Thanks. I'll add a section to the manual saying that if you want to edit an existing time stamp, you need to use the same key combination used to
create it, or it will change from active to inactive, or vice versa.

Now I think about it makes sense, as it also allows a quick way to
toggle the active/inactive status of time stamps.

Yes.

Another way to do that is S-up with the cursor on the bracket/angle.

- Carsten