[Orgmode] org-babel-tangle indentation

From: Chris Gray
Subject: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle indentation
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 15:51:59 +0200

I've been using org-babel for a couple of weeks now and I really like it
for programming.  One thing I've noticed, though, is that source blocks
are not indented when they are output by org-babel-tangle.  This makes
the output source hard to read, and incorrect for languages where
indentation is important.

For example, the following bit of python does not compile when tangled.

* Introduction

  This is some intro text.

#+srcname: the first block
#+begin_src python :tangle foo :exports none
  print '1 + 1'
  if 1 + 1 == 2:
      print 'oh no'
      # <<do the other thing>>

  Some more text.

#+srcname: do the other thing
#+begin_src python :tangle no :exports none
  print 'oh yes'

My preference would be for source blocks to be indented to the level of
the comment that caused them to be inserted.