[Orgmode] Re: exclude certain types from agenda

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: exclude certain types from agenda
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:19:19 -0400

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it possible to exclude certain tags from the normal agenda?
> (org-agenda a).
>
> I have vocab org items to learn (tagged VOCAB) but only want to see them from
> specially selected agenda tags "v" view : not from the "normal"
> agenda.

Two options:

1)

(setq org-agenda-filter-preset '("-VOCAB"))

2)

(setq org-agenda-skip-function
      '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'regexp ":VOCAB:"))

Either of these should work. Note: they will apply to all of your agenda
views. I.e., you'll have to adjust the local setting of the variable
appropriately in your custom agenda commands if you want to see :VOCAB:
items in a particular view.

Best,
Matt