Re: Feature request about habit tracking [was: [Orgmode] RELEASE: Org-mo

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: Feature request about habit tracking [was: [Orgmode] RELEASE: Org-mode version 6.32]
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 13:33:18 +0100

You mean the file is empty only if you set orv-icalendar-verify- function????

- Carsten

On Nov 5, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:

I think I left out just about every bit of relevant information

I'm using 1029daee030975f086be1d7470533b584b262829, and the problem is
that I get an empty org.ics file after

(It looks to me like org-print-icalendar-entries has faulty logic, but
that is pure conjecture.)

If you need more information, or example files, please let me know.

Now I've tried to filter the habits out of my icalendar export, as
suggested by Carsten:
Carsten Dominik schrieb:
A solution for you could be to just use the scheduling stuff anyway,
and then use a filter function to make sure these entries do not show up
in the iCalendar export (untested):

(defun my-icalendar-verify ()
  (if (string= (org-entry-get nil "STYLE") "habit") nil t))

(setq org-icalendar-verify-function 'my-icalendar-verify)

Unfortunately I can't make this work. I've stepped the
my-icalendar-verify function with edebug and it is simple enough and
returns nil for habits, and t for non-habits. And I can't spot an
error in org-print-icalendar-entries, but I can't say I understand it.

       Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>
                            TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)