Re: [Orgmode] Problem indenting plain lists

From: Anthony Lander
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem indenting plain lists
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:43:17 -0500

On 09-Nov-13, at 10:37 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Nov 13, 2009, at 4:22 PM, Anthony Lander wrote:

I'm on Org-mode version 6.33 (release_6.33) and I'm having a problem with indenting. Given this little org file:

* Heading 1
- notes 1
- notes 2
  - more notes
*** Heading 2
  - even more notes
  - even more notes

I want to make a new plain list item before "notes 1".

If I put my cursor at the start of the line that says "- notes 1", then RET and C-p (ie make a blank line) and then type -TAB nothing happens. If I type - and then use either demote heading or demote subtree, it indents the current line, but also demotes all the lines below it. Is there a way to just indent the hyphen so it lines up with other notes lines?

No, but you can put the cursor in column zero at "notes 1" and press M-RET.

- Carsten

Ah! Thanks very much. I knew I must be missing something.

  -Anthony