[Orgmode] Agenda: Column View and Filtering

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [Orgmode] Agenda: Column View and Filtering
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:40:01 +0000 (UTC)

Hi!

I am still working on making orgmode a more usefull tool for me :), how
do you guys handle this problem:

I schedule and reschedule tasks pretty often. (Thats why I, too, think a
history of scheduling would be a nice addition to have.).

Whenever a task comes up, I schedule it for some day in the future and
handle it when it appears in my agenda. However, I try to keep a balance
of several aspects in my life, mainly

   - "duties" like vacuum the flat
   - "studium" everything related to work at university
   - "fun" like reading a book, watching a dvd etc. and
   - "sports": get in shape ;)

Okay, as I frequently schedule and reschedule, I work from my agenda to
keep these aspects of my life in a certain balance I predefined:
studium: at least 6 hours a day, fun (I really need to make some place
for it) at least 1 hour a day etc.

So, as I added Efforts and Tags to each item, it would be very
convenient to keep scheduling, then filter the agenda for certain
aspects to get a feeling, if I keep my personal balance up on this
specific day.

However, using ColumnView on a filtered agenda, say "show me only my
'duties'", does not summarize the filtered agenda items, but everything,
id est even everything that is hidden.

I understand this is due to how filtering and columnview works,
but

        Has anyone an idea/workflow how I can work on this?

I tried to lock myself up into fixed times, repeating items etc. but I
am not that kind of person: A new day, I want to know whats up, but I
also want to stay free enough to shape things according to my (day)
taste. I rather do a daily (each morning) and a weekly review and
reschedule accordingly.

I am a student, so I (still) have the possibility to do so; and I would
like to keep it that way, but nevertheless want to have an eye on the
general tendency, the balance of the several "aspects" I want to keep.

I hope this is clear enough,
  Thanks for any suggestions!

Memnon