Re: [Orgmode] latex export and beamer columns

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] latex export and beamer columns
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:59:20 +0100

Hi Eric,

On Nov 24, 2009, at 9:49 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

Carsten,

I've thought of one more thing that would be useful in an org to
beamer exporter: beamer has the \alert{} command for highlighting text
in a slide.  It would be nice to have one or other of the *text* or
/text/ constructs in org translate to \alert{text}.  I can, of course,
type \alert{text} directly in the org file but this is less appealing.

I thought of redefining textbf to be alert but this screws up the rest
of beamer (e.g. it uses \textbf for slide headings depending on the
style used).

Hmm, I think one would still like to be able to make text
bold and italic as well?  So I don't think one should use * or /.
How about the exclamation mark?

I guess the easiest would be to add to the two variables org-emphasis- alist
and org-export-emphasis-alist.

To the former your could add (maybe use other HTML tags)

   ("!" org-warning "<b>" "</b>")

and to the latter

   ("!" "\\alert{%s}" nil)

You might have to restart Emacs before these work.

HTH
- Carsten