Re: [Orgmode] Organizing a students live

From: Thomas Bach
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Organizing a students live
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:20:20 +0100

Hi Jan,

interesting setup, it never came to my mind to organize everything on a
weekly basis. Well, it makes sense. :)
Why do you put inactive timestamps for beginning and end of the
semester? Doesn’t that mean that it won’t show up in the agenda view?
How are you handling examens?

With the hints of Giovanni and Darlan I actually came up with something
like this:

* Calendario
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CATEGORY: Calendario
  :END:
** segundo cuatrimestre
   <2010-02-08 Mon>
*** vacaciones
    <2010-03-15 Mon>--<2010-03-19 Fri>
    <2010-04-02 Fri>--<2010-04-12 Mon>
*** finaliza segundo cuatrimestre
    <2010-06-04 Fri>

For the rare dates of the semester. I like this to get a fast overview
when planing travels etc..

For classes I created a tree like the following:

* Classes
** Inteligencia Artificial
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CATEGORY: IA
   :END:
*** teoría
    <2009-12-10 Thu 11:00-14:00 +1w>
*** examen
    :PROPERTIES:
    :CATEGORY: IA examen
    :END:
**** practicas
     <2010-01-14 Thu 11:00>
**** teoria
     <2010-01-29 Fri 09:00>
*** trabajos
**** presentar el texto
     DEADLINE: <2010-01-07 Thu>
***** TODO leer el texto y resumir

But there are some still things that don’t fit together e.g. that
classes (teoría) show up on vacations…
BTW: Is it possible to inherit from higher CATEGORYs instead of
overwriting it? So that I could only write :CATEGORY: examen?

I will think and try out a bit more with all this over the weekend.

Best regards,
     Thomas Bach.