Re: [Orgmode] Re: Contracts in Orgmode

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Contracts in Orgmode
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 10:22:43 +0100

At Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:49:07 -0800,
Markus Heller wrote:

> After some more googling and having a closer look at the org manual, I
> came up with a solution that might work.  It uses dependencies and
> org-depend.el.  I've pasted it below, and as usual, I'd appreciate any
> comments/improvement :)
>
> I realize that this is not exactly an elegant solution, but it might
> work for me.  I'd still like to see a way in orgmode to allow clocking
> in on certain tasks only during a specific period of time, maybe
> something like
>
> ** Contract for Client A
>     :PROPERTIES:
>       :START: 01-01-2010
>       :EXPIRY: 03-31-2010
>     :END:
>
> Then, when the START date is reached, the task state gets changed to the
> TODO or STARTED, and once the expiry date is reached, it gets marked
> DONE, and cannot be clocked in anymore.  I'm not sure if this is a
> feature that would be of general interest ...  But what do the experts
> think?

With regards to closing expired items you may take a look at
org-expiry.el in the contrib directory. It provides a function to
check for and act upon entries that are past their expiration date.

What I am not quite understanding is the wish to be unable to clock in
a closed item: Isn't clocking in something you do deliberately?

Regards

 -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6