Re: [Orgmode] Re: Date calculations

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Date calculations
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:41:26 +0100

On Dec 30, 2009, at 8:51 PM, Benjamin Andresen wrote:

Hey Carsten,

Hi Benjamin,

can you point out exactly where in the documentation this is located?

Sure.

org-mode/doc/org.text
Line: 6643

I wouldn't know how to phrase it, but maybe a link to
(info "(emacs)Special Diary Entries") where this behaviour is explained
is the best.

    The entry looks like this:

    %%(diary-anniversary 10 31 1948) Arthur's birthday

This entry applies to October 31 in any year after 1948; `10 31 1948' specifies the date. (If you are using the European or ISO calendar
    style, the input order of month, day and year is different.)"

Thanks, I have made a note there.

Thanks.

- Carsten

P.S.  Emacs calendar is great, but changing function call arguments
depending on calendar style was a truly braindead decision.....

I completely agree. Or go all the way with localization and make the
`and' macro short-circuit right to left when you run the elisp in
Israel. ;-)

yes.  braindead - more braidead - most braindead ... :-)

- Carsten