Re: [Orgmode] Speeding up agenda display

From: Andrew J. Korty
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Speeding up agenda display
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 09:38:13 -0500

On Jan 2, 2010, at 02:50 , Carsten Dominik wrote:

> You can shave off another .5 seconds by pressing the selection key
> faster - Org spends 0.46 seconds to wait for your keypress :-)

Good point. :-)

I optimized things a bit more by caching skip positions and schedule, deadline,
and tag data for each point a skip function is called in a hash.  An example
hash value might be

  (((due-soon . t) (started . nil) (tagged-for-home . t)) . skip-position)

These savings add up when you have several slightly differing agendas in a
block agenda.

ajk