Re: [Orgmode] org-mobile-push and agenda IDs

From: Tom Tobin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mobile-push and agenda IDs
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:19:33 -0600

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Richard Moreland <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> They are not required, but they eliminate potential problems that may
> be encountered with the simple path-based node identification scheme.
> The risk level is fairly low, and you should be fine with the force
> option disabled.
>
> The path-based id scheme fails if you have this:
>
> * Parent
> ** A name
> *** A node you didn't edit
> ** A name
> *** A node you edited
>
> The path to the node you edited is ambiguous and will cause a sync
> conflict.  As long as you keep this in mind, you should be fine.

So as long as I don't duplicate names in the same level, I should be
okay?  I don't see myself ever doing that anyway, so that seems
harmless enough.

Aside — there's no way to cycle the visibility of drawers to
*completely* hidden, is there?  I wouldn't mind the property drawers
as much if I could completely ignore their existence during routine
org-mode editing.  :-)