[Orgmode] clock based context settings

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] clock based context settings
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:16:08 +0100

I would like to be able to execute arbitrary elisp when I clock in or
out of a certain org.item This would be very, very useful for defining
variables or even keystrokes on a "per project" basis. Ideally it would
work using inheritance so if an item does not have something then the
project or file level values would be used.

e.g at the file level:

#+CLOCKINEXEC: (setq curr-url "project1.com")

Or at the org item level

** touch up picture of the org logo
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CLOCKINEXEC:   (setq curr-url "org-mode.com/images")
  :END:

Would others think this might be useful or is there another way/approach
to achieve something similar?

My example might for instance having a key bound to launching a url and
the url will set depending n´on which web project I am working on.

--
Google Talk : address@hidden  http://www.google.com/talk