[Orgmode] Re: changing \href to \myhref in LaTex export

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: changing \href to \myhref in LaTex export
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:10:21 +0100

Hi Martin,

"Martin G. Skjæveland" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>> "Martin G. Skjæveland" wrote:
>>
>>> is it possible to change how hyperlinks are exported to LaTex without
>>> going into to org-latex.el, but setting by a variable or similar in my
>>> .emacs file?
>>>
>>> I would like to export hyperlinks in Latex as \myhref (or something else)
>>> instead of \href, so that I can redefine \myhref using \href, like this
>>>
>>>    \usepackage{ifthen}
>>>    \newcommand{\myhref}[2]{
>>>      \ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{#2}}
>>>        {\href{#1}{#2}}
>>>        {\href{#1}{#2}\footnote{\url{#1}}}
>>>      }
>>>
>>> and thus include the URLs of the links as footnotes.
>>
>> Not answering clearly your question, but an alternative (that works) is to
>> redefine \href either in your private class (if you use one) or in your TeX
>> file.
>>
>> In the latter case, put the `renewcommand' in your Org source, so that it
>> gets exported every time.
>>
>> Example (with a `newcommand' here):

>> #+LaTeX_HEADER: \newcommand{\figtext}[2]{\begin{tikzpicture} \draw
>> (-#1/2,-#1/2) rectangle (#1/2,#1/2); \node[text width=#1] at (0,0)
>> {\color{blue}\scriptsize{#2}}; \end{tikzpicture}}
>>
>> I think, for this case, this offers more flexibility and allows you to get
>> what you want.
>
> yes, this looks like the flexibility I'm after, but my problem with your
> solution is that by using \renewcommand I would be defining a recursive
> command, which does not work. (I should have mentioned that in my first
> email, sorry.) This is the reason for renaming the \href command in the
> export, so I can define my own href command using the standard href.

Nope!  You can do that by simply renaming the old version first.

In your case:

address@hidden
\renewcommand\href[2]{%
  \ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{#2}}
      address@hidden
    address@hidden
}% href

\href{http://www.mygooglest.com/}{Test}
\href{http://www.mygooglest.com/}{http://www.mygooglest.com/}

> The reason I want to do this in the first place is to make URLs available
> when the latex pdf is printed.

That makes sense. I'll reuse your idea!

Best regards,
  Seb