Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with dig

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:01:29 +0900

> In my view, the effort it takes to maintain such a mixed system might be
> too high. And it becomes worse when you need to exchange information
> between the two subsystems. Unfortunately I can't see an easy solution
> to this. I probably will get an iphone (or any capable portable device)
> that can run a full-featured gtd system and sync with other devices (pc,
> maybe some gtd websites etc.), ie I will go for an all-digital solution.
> I used to have a 1st gen iphone and I used the voice recording and
> camera to collect items. I have found these two features valuable ;)

I tried now for some time a pure digital way. However, at least for me that
fails for two many reasons.
Thus, I'm looking to strike a balance between both ways trying to grep the
best from both sides.
Please let me add that in my personal opinion a iphone is not really a big
help. A device without keyboard is a real pain for note-taking. I tried it
with a keyboard based PDA. But even the simple task
to move it out of my bag,
switch it on,
move to the right buffer (I even used emacs + org-mode natively),
add the note,
switch it off,
and put it back in the bag,
was something which prevents me to use the PDA for smaller note taking tasks.

I guess a keyboard free system which requires you to carefully type letter for
letter on a silkscreen is even a more worse note-taking stopper.
However, this is only my opinion

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Best regards

Torsten