Re: [Orgmode] Org2Mobile Announcement

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org2Mobile Announcement
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:00:30 +0000

Ivan Bulanov wrote:
Hello org-mode users!

Let me present you Org2Mobile - a service that enables you take your tasks from an org-mode file to the mobile phone calendar. It consists of a desktop agent and a mobile phone application. The desktop program monitors your org file for changes and sends updates to the server. The mobile application in turn picks changes from the server and keeps calendar up to date.

Supported platforms:
- Windows for desktop application.
- Symbian S60 2nd/3rd Edition for mobile application.

Ivan, this looks very interesting. I have a 5th Edition phone. I presume that the app will work, but some things may not work completely.

I don't use Windows. Also I assume that you are hosting the Web app part of the service. I wouldn't really want my org files travelling through other people's servers. Is the web service and Windows app Open Source, could run it on my own server? Depending on the complexity I might be interested in developing a Linux desktop app.

Ian.