[Orgmode] search for DEADLINE in warning period

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: [Orgmode] search for DEADLINE in warning period
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 13:00:23 +0100

Greetings.

Is there a way to search for a timestamp, particularly a DEADLINE, that
is in its warning period?

Eg.

* TODO Pay the rent
  DEADLINE: <2010-03-05 Fri -5d +1m>

This is a repeatable item so it's always in TODO state and pollutes my
TODO list for 25 out of 30 days in a month. Doing simple
`DEADLINE<="<+5d>"' does not satisfy me because there are notes I would
like to know about much earlier. That's why I'd like to facilitate the
timestamps' own warning periods.

It seems to be workaroundable by adding a SCHEDULED date

* TODO Pay the rent
  SCHEDULED: <2010-03-01 +1m>
  DEADLINE: <2010-03-05 Fri -5d +1m>

and searching for `SCHEDULED>="<now>"'. But it builds two logs of

  - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2010-02-01 Mon 14:23]

Is there a cleaner way to do it?

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach