Re: [Orgmode] Re: icalendar export incomplete

From: Richard Lewis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: icalendar export incomplete
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:50:10 +0000

At Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:52:39 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2009, at 11:14 AM, Richard Lewis wrote:
>
> > At Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:43:05 +0100,
> > Richard Lewis wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I've been trying to get org-mode to export all my TODOs and diary
> >> file
> >> entries to a single iCalendar file (which I then intend to import to
> >> my phone).
> >>
> >> However, when I run the command
> >> org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files it only exports a selection
> >> of TODOs and events to the output file. They come from the various
> >> .org files, but do not include all the TODOs and events from those
> >> files. They seem to the ones wit the earliest time stamps.
> >>
> >> I also notice that it's only added ID PROPERTIES to headlines marked
> >> as DONE (or any of the DONE-like SEQ_TODO options I have).
> >>
> >> (I have the following SEQ_TODO setup:
> >>
> >> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) | DONE(d)
> >> CANCELLED(c) DEFERRED(f)
> >> )
> >>
> >> Though many of the DONE (etc.) headlines which have been assigned IDs
> >> do not appear in the icalendar export.
> >>
> >> Also, it seems to export the TODO items as VEVENTs rather than
> >> VTODOs.
> >>
> >> I also tried org-export-icalendar-all-agenda-files and each
> >> individual
> >> file contained exaclt the same selection of TODOs and events that
> >> appeared in the combined file.
> >>
> >> Any ideas how to get all my TODOs and events into an ics file?
> >>
> > I should also add that I'm using org-mode from the git repository
> > fetched yesterday.
> >
> > I've also checked that it's always exactly the same selection of
> > headlines that get exported.
> >
> > Ultimately what I'd really like to be able to do is export "from" the
> > Agenda day/week view and just get a day (or week's) worth of events
> > and TODOs at a time.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> please take a look at the following variables:
>
> org-icalendar-include-todo
> org-icalendar-use-deadline
> org-icalendar-use-scheduled
> org-icalendar-store-UID
>
> The dosctrings of these variables should explain the behavior you are
> seeing,
> and show ways how to change the behavior.

Thanks for your pointers (and sorry for not acknowledging them
earlier.)

I still haven't quite satisfactorially solved this problem. My current
method is to use (org-write-agenda) and specify a .ics file. However,
this doesn't seem to include entries from my ~/diary file (which *are*
included in my agenda view). I have org-agenda-include-diary set to T
but "~/diary" is not in my org-agenda-files. (Which I just tested and
it seems [quite reasonably] that only org mode files can go in this
list.)

Is it possible for org-write-agenda to include ~/diary information?
--
Richard Lewis