[Orgmode] MobileOrg Android 0.1_alpha

From: Matthew Jones
Subject: [Orgmode] MobileOrg Android 0.1_alpha
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 23:51:16 -0500

Sorry if this double posts, had forgotten which email address I had signed up for on the mailing list.

Hey folks, I've been working on a version of MobileOrg for the Android platform with the goal to reach feature parity with the iPhone version developed by Richard Moreland.

I have completed an early alpha version that can fetch and display the contents of Org files stored on a webdav server.   There are some good instructions for setting up a webdav server in the normal MobileOrg documentation: http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/doc/

For getting started from the emacs side of things, the Org-mode documentation itself contains all the information you need: http://orgmode.org/manual/MobileOrg.html

As for the MobileOrg android application itself you can find the release notes and a download link here:

http://wiki.github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/

There are some known issues with this early alpha version and can't synchronize back to the webdav server yet or handle setting the state of tasks but I felt this was a good start and would actually be useful for Org-mode users

When you first start the application up you'll need to click "Menu" and then "Settings" and enter your webdav information.  After saving you can click "Menu" again then "Sync".   Once that has finished it will populate the display and you can drill into your document structure.

73,
Matthew W. Jones (KI4ZIB)
http://matburt.net