Re: [Orgmode] Showing scheduled blocked tasks [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Matthew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Showing scheduled blocked tasks [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:53:21 +1030

On 12/03/2010, at 3:29 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

<snip>

> On Mar 11, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Matthew Phillips wrote:
>
>> What I mean is setting it as an option in the custom commands does not seem
>> to work, e.g. see list line in:
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>>   ("d" "Daily Action List"
>>    ((agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 1)
>>                 (org-agenda-sorting-strategy
>>                  (quote ((agenda time-up priority-down tag-up) )))
>>                 (org-deadline-warning-days 7)))
>>    (tags "TODO=\"STARTED\"+SCHEDULED=\"\"+DEADLINE=\"\""
>>      ((org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks 'invisible)))
>>
>> The org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks on the generated "tags" view does not get
>> honoured. It *does* get honoured as a setting one level "higher", i.e. as a
>> local setting to the whole org-agenda-custom-commands block, but that's not
>> very useful here.
>
> OK, I see now what is happening here.  The dimming of blocked tasks is
> done only once, at the very end, when the agenda has been made.  And that is
> outside the scope of the local options.
>
> You can use a normal (custom) agenda command and do the setting there. Or you
> can use the global options for the block agenda to set this for the entire
> block agenda.  But not for a single segment in a bloc agenda, I am afraid.
>
> Changing this would be significant work, and I don't want to do this based on
> a single use case.

OK, I can understand that.

So, is there any way I can use a custom skip function in the TODO block to
remove blocked tasks? Is there a way of getting the blocked status of a task
from such a function?

Cheers,

Matthew.
IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT
1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.