Re: [Orgmode] "%3f" shouldn't be unescaped in HTTP URLs

From: Ivan Vilata i Balaguer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] "%3f" shouldn't be unescaped in HTTP URLs
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:17:09 +0100

Sebastien Delafond (el 2010-03-09 a les 17:36:16 +0000) va dir::

> Quoting from Debian bug #573186[0]:
>
>   Some HTTP URLs have literal '?' in them.  Since '?' also separates the
>   path from query arguments, it needs to be escaped in the first case.
>   These are examples of the two cases:
>
>   - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Afraid_of_Virginia_Woolf%3F
>     (literal '?')
>   - http://www.google.com/search?q=org+mode (query separator)
>
>   These are the URLs generated by Org mode when exporting them to HTML:
>
>   - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Afraid_of_Virginia_Woolf?
>   - http://www.google.com/search?q=org+mode
>
>   I.e. '?' is left as is, but '%3f' is unescaped, producing the wrong
>   URL (don't be fooled by the fact that Wikipedia actually accepts it ;)
>   ).  This makes impossible to correctly export an HTTP URL with a
>   literal question mark in it.
>
>   The solution would be to leave '%3f' as is, too, in the same way as
>   '%27' has been left as is in the previous example.

Hasn't anyone come across this behaviour?  I think it's a bug which should be
fixed since it makes some URLs impossible to write.  And according to that last
sentence, the solution doesn't seem too hard.

Thanks and cheers,

::

  Ivan Vilata i Balaguer -- http://ivan.lovesgazpacho.net/