Re: [Orgmode] Showing scheduled blocked tasks [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Showing scheduled blocked tasks [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:51:53 +0100

On Mar 16, 2010, at 1:36 AM, Matthew Phillips wrote:

On 16/03/2010, at 12:24 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Mar 15, 2010, at 1:23 AM, Matthew Phillips wrote:

<snip>

So, is there any way I can use a custom skip function in the TODO block to remove blocked tasks? Is there a way of getting the blocked status of a task from such a function?

Yes, BLOCKED is a virtual property which does this. I think you can just do a tags/property/todo search like this

"-BLOCKED/+TODO”

That query still shows the blocked tasks, unfortunately.

My mistake:

+BLOCKED<>"t"/+TODO

This means that the BLOCKED property should not be equal to "t".

- Carsten

Or you can test for the BLOCKED property in a user-written skip function.

I’ll follow this route next...

Thanks very much for your help, Carsten.

Cheers,

Matthew.
IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.

- Carsten