Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:40:48 -0400

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> At this point it feels somewhat more like voting rather than a
> discussion, but I feel compelled to say...
>   +1 for gnus!

Hi Simon,

I use gnus, and received help from people on the list. Here's a small
contribution if you do get going with it:

The listing of emails in the summary buffer will look *terrible* with
the default settings. But you can make it look really nice using unicode
characters for arrows etc. (Example settings below, screenshot at

(Plus, if you use gnus you don't have to see these ridiculous
Kindergarten-style dotted lines and scissors that people put in
emails :) )

(when window-system
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-indent "  ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-root "") ;; "● ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-false-root "") ;; "◯ ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-single-indent "") ;; "◎ ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-vertical        "│")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-leaf-with-other "├─► ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-single-leaf     "╰─► "))

(setq gnus-summary-line-format
       "  "
       "%4{%-20,20f%}"               ;; name
       "  "