Re: [Orgmode] [BUG] org-babel-perl and formats

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BUG] org-babel-perl and formats
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:50:06 -0400

Łukasz Stelmach <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I am not sure I will be able to spend some time on this so I'll share my
> observation with you. org-babel-perl can't cope with perl formats, with
> their endings to be precise. A format is defined by:
>
> format FORMAT_NAME =
> body of the format
> .
>
> The problem is that formats *must* and with a single solitary dot or, to
> be precise "\n.\n" sequence. org-babel-perl doesn't care about it and
> puts "\t" befor the dot.

Hi Łukasz,

Could you post an example? I don't believe we insert tab
characters. I've never used a perl format before, but I just tried it
and it seemed to work OK with C-c C-c:

#+begin_src perl
  format STDOUT =
  @<<<<<< @|||||| @>>>>>>
  "left", "middle", "right"
  .
  write ;
#+end_src

#+results:
: left    middle    right

Incidentally, do you know the variable org-src-preserve-indentation?
When I first read your email I thought that would be the answer. In fact
it doesn't seem to be relevant, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Dan