Re: [Orgmode] Re: confused about logging

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: confused about logging
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:22:19 -0400

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dan Griswold <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a repeating task, like so:
> >
> > *** TODO Print copies
> > :@PRINT:
> >     SCHEDULED: <2010-03-09 Tue ++1w>
> >
> > I would like to have things set so that when I change the todo state,
> > and the schedule advances, then there will not be any logging done.
> >
> > However, with org-log-repeat, org-log-done, and org-log-done-with-time
> > all set to nil (indeed, it appears all org-log-X vars are set to nil),
> > I get a timestamp in a property drawer when I advance the schedule, like
> > so:
> >
> > *** TODO Print copies
> > :@PRINT:
> >     SCHEDULED: <2010-04-13 Tue ++1w>
> >     :PROPERTIES:
> >     :LAST_REPEAT: [2010-04-12 Mon 20:06]
> >     :END:
> >
> > This happens with an emacs environment started with emacs -q, and a file
> > that contains only the above entry.
> >
> > I don't need or want such information recorded. But I don't know how to
> > stop it, and I don't know where else to look for the responsible
> > variable.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> Set the property
>
>   :LOGGING:  nil

I don't think that works - and I also don't think that there is a way to
do what Dan wants, currently.  The code in org.el:org-auto-repeat-maybe
looks like this:

    (when repeat
      (if (eq org-log-repeat t) (setq org-log-repeat 'state))
      (setq to-state (or (org-entry-get nil "REPEAT_TO_STATE")
                         org-todo-repeat-to-state))
      (unless (and to-state (member to-state org-todo-keywords-1))
        (setq to-state (if (eq interpret 'type) last-state head)))
      (org-todo to-state)
      (org-entry-put nil "LAST_REPEAT" (format-time-string
                                        (org-time-stamp-format t t)))

and the LAST_REPEAT property is set unconnditionally. At least, that's
how I read it.

Nick