Re: [Orgmode] Suggestions needed for handling "ideas"

From: Ali Tofigh
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Suggestions needed for handling "ideas"
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:47:39 -0400

Hi John,

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 03:46, John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Frequently my notes on meetings contain ideas for stuff to try. Does
>> anyone have any advice on how to handle these?
>
> For ideas I just use a done TODO state called "NOTE".  I have the key M-z
> bound to create one and switch me to the Org-buffer, so that I can stay there
> and keep typing.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried both checkboxes and TODO items
to keep track of my ideas, but your idea of using a done state seems
very neat. I'll give it a go.

What really feels unsatisfactory to me is that only headlines can be
TODO items. I want to be able to insert TODO items in the middle of a
section. I've looked at the inline-tasks add-on, but that doesn't
really do it for me... Anyway, I understand that the way org-mode is
implemented right now, it would be very impractical to try to add
non-headline TODO-items. In any case, org has simplified my life, even
before I've optmized the way I use it. It's great!

Cheers,
/Ali